Date:      Sat, 31 Jul 2004 14:17:56 +0200
From:      Harald Weis <hawei@nerim.net>
To:        mailfilter-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [Mailfilter-users] ["Return-Path" exceeded maxlength] bug

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 07:19:00PM +0200, Helmut Hullen wrote:
> Hallo, Harald,
>
> Du meintest am 23.07.04 zum Thema Re: [Mailfilter-users] ["Return-Path" exceeded maxlength] bug:
>
> > Still no luck. What's wrong there? Why should I go back to
> > automake-1.7 ?
>
> > **Error**: Missing `aclocal'.  The version of `automake'
> > installed doesn't appear recent enough.
>
> Was liefert
>         which aclocal
>         aclocal --version
>
> Viele Gruesse!
> Helmut

By the way, just in case for pure information:
I replied directly to Helmut in German, but nothing new for the
community. FreeBSD does not use aclocal.
<<<
algol{me} ~/mailfilter # autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

algol{me} ~/mailfilter # automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.8.5
Written by Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>.

algol{me} ~/mailfilter # which aclocal
aclocal: Command not found.
algol{me} ~/mailfilter #

See also:
(http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_277.html)

It's very hard to wait for the fix :-(
Is there any way I could help ?

I also 'Cc` this message to ports@FreeBSD.org, because it all started
with the 'filtermail` port which installs fine, but which is useless
because of the same bug.

Harald

--
FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE #0: Mon Oct 27 17:51:09 GMT 2003