Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 1996 10:37:28 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        Ruiyuan_Jiang/Advantage_KBS_at_LotusXchg@njcorp.akbs.com
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, torstenb@solar.tlk.com, ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Configuration files needs to be changed after compiling

It seems that Ruiyuan_Jiang/Advantage_KBS_at_LotusXchg@njcorp.akbs.com said:
>   software was automatically installed to /usr/local/news directory. When I
>   tried to configure the INN News and tried to create "history*" files, I
>   did "/usr/local/news/bin/makehistory -r -f /usr/local/news/lib/history"
>   command and I got a message "Can't do dbzagain, No such file or
>   directory". I tried to skip this step and directly to issue the command
>   "inndstart" (INN News server startup command) and I think I got the same
>   message:
>
>   innd:/usr/local/news/lib/history can't dbminit ME No such file or
>   directory

cd /usr/local/news/lib
mv history.n history
mv history.n.pag history.pag
mv history.n.dir history.dir

This step is not made at this time, when you do a makehistory like that.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #12: Sun Dec 31 16:05:48 MET 1995