Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2000 12:35:57 -0400
From:      Marc =?iso-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9?= Paquin <win95@inter-resa.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        jss@subatomix.com, clefevre@citeweb.net
Subject:   KDM problems: xdm and startx ok... help?

Hello,

On  comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc  several people are having problems with
kdm that launch but dies few seconds after... xdm and startx both works
fine and kicks off kde. I installed the 4.0 version from the ISO image
and I had no problem during setup...

I tried installation of Xfree86 and KDE from the CD and separately from
the port tree in a second attempt... with the same results! There is no
ERRATA about version 4.0 and after few days of waiting, it seems that
our problem with kdm is not catching a lot of attention.

What can we do? Since installation is very straight forward, where could
have we screwed up? At the last setup, I have no errors
(.xsession-errors, xdm-errors or core dump) in /root/  and in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/

Thanks for any help!