Date:      Tue, 04 Jan 2000 10:02:55 -0500
From:      Tom Embt <tom@embt.com>
To:        Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr, nimrodm@email.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Abit's BP6 board lockups

It's not sensitive for me.  As an earlier post of mine mentioned, I'm
running dual 366's OC-> 540MHz at 2.2V on a 235W PS.

Tom Embt

At 09:55 01/03/2000 +0100, Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Well, the BP6 is very sensitive to external conditions : be sure to have a
good power supply, check that your RAM is very well seated, and you'll get
nevertheless strange lockups.

>It seems that Abit went cheap and did not do a good job with regulating
current on the board (not enough capacitors near the CPUs)

>Nevertheless, it's a fine board (but I'll get a 300W PSU as soon as possible)
>
>     TfH
[snip]