Date:      Mon, 13 May 1996 15:39:12 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        pst@shockwave.com (Paul Traina)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, mmead@Glock.COM, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: lkm qcam

> There are no interrupts used by the driver, and there is a deinit
> routine... is there a way to remove an entry from the cdevsw()
> structure?

It should remove itself (replacing the entries with "enodev") when
it is unloaded.

Typically, it unmallocs the area where the code was, but does not
necesarily zero the page or anything.  With standard LRU, if the
thing has not be thrashed, the driver should be "good" for some
time, if all the entries are still there and it has not been
unhooked at all.

Clearly, it's been partially unhooked, so it dies.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.