Date:      Fri, 6 Dec 2013 23:56:29 -0500
From:      Peter Edson <pete.edson@gmail.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Atheros 9565 wifi problems

Hi, I installed freebsd 10 beta 4 today and it autodetected the atheros
9565 chip and I got it setup no problem with wpa_supplicant. I installed
some stuff like xorg and i3 wm and then took a nap. I woke up and rebooted
the machine and it will not work on any wifi settings now.

It keeps throwing errors about /var/run/wpa_supplicant failed to initialize
control interface and remove the file, this is when I run service netif
restart, start etc. I have tried removing it and it doesn't help.

my pci conf for atheros looks like this:

ath0@pci0:3:0:0:

class = 0x028000 card=0x063211ad chip=0x0036168c rev=0x01 hdr=0x00

vendor= atheros communications
device= ar9565 wireless network adapter
class = network