Date:      Sat, 7 May 2005 11:06:05 -0300 (ADT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Eirik =?ISO-8859-1?B?2A==?=verby <ltning@anduin.net>
Cc:        hartzell@alerce.com
Subject:   Re: unionfs limitations?

--0-144879048-1115474765=:42300

On Sat, 7 May 2005, Eirik [ISO-8859-1] =D8verby wrote:

> On 07-05-05 03:19, "George Hartzell" <hartzell@kestrel.alerce.com> wrote:
>
>> Eirik =D8verby writes:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just started playing with mounting ports into jails using unionfs
>>> (mount_unionfs -b /usr/ports_jail /usr/local/jails/jail-0/usr/ports), a=
nd
>>> many things seem to work fine.
>>> However, when trying to install either of mysql41-server or mysql41-cli=
ent,
>>> I see the following:
>>>
>>> [root@mpi1] /usr/ports/databases/mysql41-server# make install
>>> =3D=3D=3D>  Installing for mysql-server-4.1.11_1
>>> =3D=3D=3D>   mysql-server-4.1.11_1 depends on shared library: mysqlclie=
nt.14 -
>>> found
>>> =3D=3D=3D>   Generating temporary packing list
>>> =3D=3D=3D>  Checking if databases/mysql41-server already installed
>>> ln: POSIX: Operation not supported
>>> *** Error code 1
>>>
>>> Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mysql41-server.
>>>
>>> Did I miss out on something, or is this not going to work? Do I need to
>>> think in other ways?
>>> [...]
>>
>> Here's one unionfs/jail gotcha that's bitten me a couple of times.  If
>> you actually *use* (or, have used) the ports directory to build and
>> install stuff onto the "host" machine, the ports infrastructure in the
>> jail gets kind of confused.  It seems to be checking for the files in
>> the dependencies, doesn't find them, goes to make them, and then
>> [depending on what state the relevant port directory is in], things
>> get "odd".
>
> I noticed that pretty early on, yea ;)

Has 5.x *really* gone that far downhill? :(

I've been doing the above since about day one ... *but* ... is this the=20
case if you set WRKDIRPREFIX=3D to somewhere else in /etc/make.conf?  I=20
don't build the actual port *in* /usr/ports, so the only thing that gets=20
written in /usr/ports is /usr/ports/distfiles ...

----
--0-144879048-1115474765=:42300--