Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:58:57 -0500
From:      Mykroft Holmes IV <mykroft@mykroft.com>
To:        William Bloom <wbloom@eldocomp.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Radeon DVI

William Bloom wrote:

>Now the real question...
>
>Will the flat panel work with the FreeBSD console??  Does the console
>initialize the DVI output on the Radeon??  Mind you, I'm not worrying
>about XFree86.  But I want to have a working display (it's my only one)
>even when X11 isn't running.  I haven't bought the flat panel yet and I
>don't have one to experiment with.
>

>Bill

The Console will work just fine. The BIOS will initialize whichever is
connected. You may have issues in X if you have specified a CRT in your
Device config (Necessary on some cards to get X to work with a CRT
connected to teh DVI-I via a DVI-VGA adaptor), but that can be resolved
by removing the offending line.

In fact Console will even work with the TV-out, which X won't.

-Adam