Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:45:42 -0400
From:      Tim Hawes <thawes@althusius.net>
To:        "Aaron Burke" <aburke@nullplusone.com>, <freebsd-config@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Install Trouble

Some new information, I did not make clear last time. FreeBSD 4.8 does lock up
(or no vt is available) during the hardware probe, while 5.1 lets me switch
between vt's.

Nothing changed after removing unneeded drivers, (including only the ones you
suggested). It did not change anything. I was not able to try the same thing
with FreeBSD 5.1, because it still goes into hardware probe before I get a
chance to specify what drivers to load.