Date:      Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:07:31 +0200
From:      Iasen Kostov <tbyte@otel.net>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Loading gzipped mfsroot

	I've seen a lot of examples where peeple load gzipped mfsroot images
and everything looks fine for them, but not for me. It loads
uncompressed image and boots ok, it loads compressed image and does not
uncompress it and then tries to mount ufs directly on it which fails
ofcourse. As I saw bay default loader(and pxeboot porbably - its a
diskless machine which boots over ethernet) have LOADER_GZIP_SUPPORT
defined so I think I should have gzip support in loader.

Here is the loader.conf:

rootfs_load="YES"
rootfs_name="dlroot.gz"
rootfs_type="mfs_root"

and its FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE about a week old.

I'm out of ideas right now :(.

Regards