Date:      Tue, 7 Aug 2001 07:57:00 -0400
From:      User & Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 wierdness

As it was put forth by Louis LeBlanc on Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 06:16:36PM -=
0400...
> Hey all.  I am seeing strange behavior with XFree86 on 4.3 release.
> My xterms often throw up part of a line at the top of the screen or to
> the side, shifted left over the scrollbar or window border.
>=20
> I am using Fvwm2-devel from the ports, and running on a system with an
> ATI Rage 128, 16M video ram, and have tried resolutions of
> 1024x768/16bpp, and 1152x870/16bpp.  Still get the same.  I think the
> XFree86 version is 3.3.3 (the current version, built and installed the
> world on 7/19.
>=20
> Any ideas how to fix this?
>=20
> TIA
> Lou
> --=20
> Louis LeBlanc       leblanc@acadia.ne.mediaone.net
> Fully Funded Hobbyist, KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)
> http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 =D4=BF=D4=AC
>=20
> philosophy:
>   The ability to bear with calmness the misfortunes of our friends.
>=20
>=20

	I used to use almost the same card.  Mine was an ATI Rage 32MB AGP.
Whenever I tried to use XFree 3.3.6, which is what you have if you didn't
install X from the ports, I would get extraneous garbage on the screen.  =
4, every point version above it, fixed the problem.  I run a Matrox G400
now.

Ian