Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 13:39:56 -0800
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
To:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LVD transfer rate

sthaug@nethelp.no wote:

> There's your answer. The "Force SE Mode" jumper must be off, and you need
> a separate LVD terminator. The disk *does not* have a jumper-selectable
> LVD terminator. See
>
> 	http://www.storage.ibm.com/techsup/hddtech/ddrs/ddrsjum.htm

     Going off on a tangent, will an LVD drive work in SE mode with a
plain wide SCSI controller (non-LVD)?  I've got the same drive
(DDRS-39130), and my vendor appears to have shipped me the LVD version
instead of the plain FW one.  If it does, I assume that the drive
doesn't have any termination, and I'll have to terminate the cable
myself.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.