Date:      Wed, 29 May 2013 10:13:15 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-CURRENT r251099 for RasPi stops at "warning: no time-of-day clock registered, system will not be set accurately"

On May 29, 2013, at 9:52 AM, Tim Kientzle wrote:

>=20
> On May 29, 2013, at 5:33 AM, Alie Tan wrote:
>=20
>> Hi,
>>=20
>> I just built FreeBSD-CURRENT r251099 for RasPi with ARM EABI and GCC =
but
>> unfortunately it stops at message below while booting:
>> warning: no time-of-day clock registered, system will not be set =
accurately
>>=20
>> This thing happens if I build it with CLANG too.
>=20
> This warning is meaningless.  The RPi doesn't have
> RTC hardware.
>=20
> It sounds like it's unable to mount root.

Yes, the warning means that there's no RTC on the RPi...

When things hang after this message it usually means that something is =
wrong with the driver for the root device. The best way to track this =
down is to change the root device and see if it persists. You can also =
make sysinit verbose, which also helps track things down, at the expense =
of a lot of spew on boot.

Warner