Date:      Tue, 29 May 2007 12:16:15 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml.diespammer@netfence.it>
To:        Tom Grove <freebsd@voidmain.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Java on the BSD Desktop?

Tom Grove wrote:
> I am wanting to write a gui frontend to pkg_cutleaves.  I see that it is
> just a simple perl script so, it would be quite simple to just put a gtk
> frontend on it and call it a day.  However, I am starting to write a
> good amount of code in java and was wondering what others think about
> java as the de-facto gui standard on the BSD desktop.

I personally think Java should be restricted to where
write-once-run-everywhere is really needed.
If I understand it correctly, you are in this case writing something
that will only work on one platform, so I think it would be better to
stick to that platform natively.

Just my two Eurocents.

  bye
	av.