Date:      Tue, 3 Aug 1999 20:08:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@snafu.adept.org>
To:        Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
Cc:        Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>, Mitch Vincent <cygone@zoomnet.net>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Loadbalance webservers

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Gregory Sutter wrote:

> > Anyone know a good place they can point me to for the how-tos of round
> > robin DNS?
> O'Reilly Publishing, "DNS and Bind", 3rd edition, p. 259.

Also, note that this is eqivalent to 'static routing'...  If a box goes
down, DNS won't care...  it'll still shuffle the traffic across the downed
box's A record...  with a large number of machines in a cluster, that may
not matter, but with 2, 3, 4...  you can loose a lot of traffic.

That's why hardware solutions (or other software solutions) are typically
implemented by companies requiring high resource availability.

							--Mike