Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2001 08:21:29 +0000
From:      Jamie Heckford <heckfordj@psi-domain.co.uk>
To:        Jan Knepper <jan@digitaldaemon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: T1/DS1

Well, heres how its done in the UK...

Depends on the speed of your line - this is what happened when I
got 2MB

You usually have a couple of boxes, depending on the service. For data
you usually have a digital broadband box mounted on the wall, which
handle a max capacity of around 8MB. The fibre leads plug straight into
this. From this ThinEthernet cable (on mine) was run as my media, which
I converted to X.21, and plugged into a cisco 2610.

I didn't have a battery pack, mine is just powered from a UPS - but
you probably have some kind of backup on the line as default, which
is their own UPS.

If your using the line for voice to, theres more than likely a MUX to
go in somewhere. Seems like my box does everything in one - but may
they split it up with you?

Jamie