Date:      Tue, 4 Dec 2007 23:05:58 -0800
From:      Rogelio <scubacuda@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ./configure question for AIX

I have a question on compiling Nagios' NRPE on AIX (which I'm assuming
would be similar to FreeBSDl, as I'm trying to use Autotools on ksh).

I'm used to always running "tar -zxfv file.tar.gz", but this time I
had to run (I think) like "tar z" and then "tar xfv" to get it
unzipped.

In that directory, I then ran "./configure" and then "make all", and
I'm hoping someone here might help point me in the right direction.

./configure --prefix=/opt/nagios --enable-command-args --without-ssl
make install

When I do this, I get an error about "Boutell's GD library is required
to compile the statusmap, trends and histogram CGIs.  Get it from
http://www.boutell.com/gd/, compile
it, and use the --with-gd-lib and --with-gd-inc arguments to specify
the locations of the GD library and include files."

Ok, that's cool.  But am I on the right track about how to install
this on AIX? Once I installed this GD library and "./configure" with
the right parameters, will this work in AIX?

(Sorry if this isn't the best place to ask this question, as I tend to
be spoiled by Linux packages.  If not, I can take it elseware)