Date:      Sat, 3 Jul 1999 12:13:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brian F. Feldman" <green@unixhelp.org>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>, brdean@unx.sas.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: support for i386 hardware debug watch points

On Sat, 3 Jul 1999, Peter Wemm wrote:

> Thomas David Rivers wrote:
> > >
> > > Is there any interest in supporting something like this in FreeBSD?
> > > I'm volunteering to spend some cycles on this, but I don't want to go
> > > to the effort if there's little chance that the work would be
> > > integrated.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > -Brian
> > > --
> > > Brian Dean		SAS Institute Inc	brdean@unx.sas.com
> > >

> >  Brian -
> >
> >    Scan through the mail archives - I brought this up about this
> >  time last year, I think...
> >
> >    There were several responses - some people may be willing to
> >  assist...
>
> I'll chime in..  I'd be quite willing to bring something like this in,
> assuming it was done reasonably cleanly.  It shouldn't be too hard to do it
> without imparing portability across cpu/arch types.
>
> I think this would be quite useful, especially if gdb could be made aware
> of it too.

I think this would be great too, but I have a concern. Not all CPUs (x86)
support this; make ABSOLUTELY sure it doesn't do this kind of thing on
hardware which doesn't support it, please!

> > 	- Dave Rivers -
>
> Cheers,
> -Peter
> --
> Peter Wemm - peter@FreeBSD.org; peter@yahoo-inc.com; peter@netplex.com.au

 Brian Fundakowski Feldman      _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___
 green@FreeBSD.org                   _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!        _ __ | _ \._ \ |) |
       http://www.FreeBSD.org/              _ |___/___/___/