Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 2020 22:24:00 -0700
From:      Chris <bsd-lists@BSDforge.com>
To:        Igor Pokrovsky <ip@unixway.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Loader hangs on the latest -STABLE

On Fri, 24 Apr 2020 08:26:13 +0400 Igor Pokrovsky ip@unixway=2Eorg said

> Hello all,
>=20
> I haven=E2=80=99t been using FreeBSD since 8-STABLE times=2E Recently I tri=
ed to
> install latest 12-STABLE on my old computer=2E
> But even during initial boot up loader hangs=2E Eventually I was able to
> proceed with installation after replacing loader in=20
> the installation disk with one found in my old system 8-STABLE=2E The same
> happened when I tried zfs on root partition=2E
A lot of things are moving around in /boot over the last year=2E
Pure speculation; if you're using a usb stick=2E Mount it from your
currently running system, and

cd <mount-point>/boot
rm =2E/loader
cp -p =2E/loader=2Eefi =2E/loader
umount <mount-point>

Then see if it doesn't work for you=2E Like I said, pure speculation=2E
But you indicated an old box=2E So I think you might find this works=2E

Best wishes!

--Chris