Date:      Fri, 08 Jan 1999 10:22:57 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Angelo Nardone <ang@adinet.com.uy>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: E-mail server.

Angelo Nardone wrote:

> Could someone help me ?
> I need to make an e-mail server for 40.000 users. I'll plan to use
> sendmail in a FreeBSD box with web-mail.
> I'll very appreciate comments. Like i must use the user account or use a
> database for the mail, how arrange the directories for that amount of
> user, etc.
> Thank very much.

You should ask the gang in FreeBSD-ISP, they're most likely to have
experience with this sort of volume.  I've forwarded this reply to
them, and directed replies there.

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                     +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                  wes@softweyr.com