Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 2004 12:26:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tuc at Beach House <tuc@tucs-beachin-obx-house.com>
To:        maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net (Maksim Yevmenkin)
Cc:        Tuc at Beach House <tuc@ttsg.com>
Subject:   Re: sdpcontrol issues (LONG)

> ok. i think i have an idea why it does not work. a colleague of mine has
> audiovox smartphone (running windows-something) but it gives similar
> error on sdp requests.
>
> apparently sdp server chokes when attribute range has exactly one
> attribute, i.e. range specified as 0x0004 - 0x0004, meaning return only
> attribute id 0x0004.
>
> could you please try the following:
>
> 1) edit /usr/src/usr.sbin/bluetooth/sdpcontrol/search.c file and replace
> the following lines
>
> 39: /* List of the attributes we are looking for */
> 40: static u_int32_t       attrs[] =
> 41: {
> 42:        SDP_ATTR_RANGE( SDP_ATTR_SERVICE_RECORD_HANDLE,
> 43:                        SDP_ATTR_SERVICE_RECORD_HANDLE),
> 44:        SDP_ATTR_RANGE( SDP_ATTR_SERVICE_CLASS_ID_LIST,
> 45:                        SDP_ATTR_SERVICE_CLASS_ID_LIST),
> 46:        SDP_ATTR_RANGE( SDP_ATTR_PROTOCOL_DESCRIPTOR_LIST,
> 47:                        SDP_ATTR_PROTOCOL_DESCRIPTOR_LIST),
> 48:        SDP_ATTR_RANGE( SDP_ATTR_BLUETOOTH_PROFILE_DESCRIPTOR_LIST,
> 49:                        SDP_ATTR_BLUETOOTH_PROFILE_DESCRIPTOR_LIST)
> 50: };
>
> with
>
> /* List of the attributes we are looking for */
> static uint32_t attrs[] =
> {
>          SDP_ATTR_RANGE( 0, 1 ),
>          SDP_ATTR_RANGE( 3, 4 ),
>          SDP_ATTR_RANGE( 8, 9 ),
> /*
>          SDP_ATTR_RANGE( SDP_ATTR_SERVICE_RECORD_HANDLE,
>                          SDP_ATTR_SERVICE_RECORD_HANDLE),
>          SDP_ATTR_RANGE( SDP_ATTR_SERVICE_CLASS_ID_LIST,
>                          SDP_ATTR_SERVICE_CLASS_ID_LIST),
>          SDP_ATTR_RANGE( SDP_ATTR_PROTOCOL_DESCRIPTOR_LIST,
>                          SDP_ATTR_PROTOCOL_DESCRIPTOR_LIST),
>          SDP_ATTR_RANGE( SDP_ATTR_BLUETOOTH_PROFILE_DESCRIPTOR_LIST,
>                          SDP_ATTR_BLUETOOTH_PROFILE_DESCRIPTOR_LIST)
>
> */
> };
>
> 2) re-compile sdpcontrol(8)
>
> 3) try to search for the services again.

	Same thing.

himinbjorg# ls -l  /usr/obj/usr/src/usr.sbin/bluetooth/sdpcontrol/sdpcontrol
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  16826 Dec  9 12:21 /usr/obj/usr/src/usr.sbin/bluetooth/sdpcontrol/sdpcontrol
himinbjorg# /usr/obj/usr/src/usr.sbin/bluetooth/sdpcontrol/sdpcontrol -a gjallar browse
Could not execute command "browse". Input/output error
himinbjorg# /usr/obj/usr/src/usr.sbin/bluetooth/sdpcontrol/sdpcontrol -a gjallar search OPUSH
Could not execute command "search". Input/output error

		Thanks, Tuc