Date:      Sun, 3 Nov 1996 12:41:34 +0100
From:      roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/obj  size

According to Mark Mayo:
> ago when I built the -stable branch, but alas, my memory is terrible (my
> school marks prove it ;-)) and I forget the size of the /usr/obj
> directory. I'm hoping it is under 100MB so I can just mount up a zip drive

Without profiled libs, my /usr/obj is:

206 [12:36] root@keltia:/usr/obj# du -s .
105047  .

You will be short...

> Also, how much disk space overhead will pulling in the latest branch
> incur?

If you get /usr/src, the overhead is not much. The CVS tree grew a bit
because each file has now an additionnal line. The CVS tree is about:

211 [12:37] root@keltia:/spare/FreeBSD-current# du -s .
271323  .

> P.S. Anyone have a rough estimate of how many MB the diffs between the
> August SNAP and -current is? I have to sup over a modem so it hurts..

Rather large because a lot of things went into /usr/src/contrib so you have
the old copy in the Attic and the new one in contrib. Remember that we've
got a new gcc, a new libg++, a new named and so on.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
  FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #26: Sun Oct 27 19:39:11 MET 1996