Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 1999 21:02:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        dan@dpcsys.com (Dan Busarow)
Cc:        cjclark@home.com, zvi@zvi.t-networking.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2 ethernet cards

Dan Busarow wrote,
> On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Crist J. Clark wrote:
> > Dan Busarow wrote,
> > > On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Brad Tucker wrote:

[snip]

> [...]

[snip]

> I certainly hope he isn't puttin both interfaces on the same wire, that's
> not how I read it.  ed0 would be on a crossover cable to the router's
> ethernet port.  ed1 would go to the internal network.

On a second reading, I believe you are right, but I snipped the part
in his original message that confused me. To me, 'the same network' ==
same LAN == same wire.

> The appletalk packets will not appear on ed0.  In fact only traffic destined
> for or from the Internet will appear on ed0 so the collisions *that
> his router sees* will go down.  Collisions on the internal network
> won't change of course.

Brad, do you have control of your router? Why not just make the
interface on the router, 192.168.0.1, and make ed0, 192.168.0.2, and
then ed1 can just be your 255.255.255.128 masked net?