Date:      Sun, 24 Feb 2013 00:22:10 -0800
From:      Marc Fournier <freebsd@hub.org>
To:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   9-STABLE: bce pulse(): Warning: bootcode thinks driver is absent

I just started to try and get VirtualBox up and running on this server =
.. same configuration as another server I already have a few of them =
running, but after a period of time with the install, I get the above =
error pop up on my remote console, and pinging to the server itself just =
dies =85

I'm up to date for src / 9-STABLE as of today =85 have never seen this =
one before, nor can I seem to find anything useful through google except =
for points to the code itself =85

When it dies, it isn't just the network that is dead, but the whole =
machine appears to be un-responsive =85

When I rebuilt the kernel, I did also rebuild VirtualBox/kmod, since =
I've experienced odd things with it in the past =85=20

Anyone have any ideas on what is causing this?  Something with =
VirtualBox triggering =85 something?

Thx