Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:55:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        mi@aldan.algebra.com, Petr Murmak <murmak@artum.cz>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Promise-66 RAID

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Mike Smith wrote:

>I'd be very interested to see your tests and results on this.
>(Obviously, since you would have seen my name on the 3ware driver.)

I would like to see these benchmarks as well.  I'm fixing to install a
new NFS RAID server running FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE and I already have both
PCI Promise ATA66 controllers and an 8 channel 3Ware IDE RAID card.  I
would prefer to use the 3Ware just because of the hardware nature of the
solution, reducing my administration burden.  But, if the performance
increases are that great I'd consider doing ccd or vinum.

Brandon D. Valentine
bandix at looksharp.net  |  bandix at structbio.vanderbilt.edu
"Truth suffers from too much analysis." -- Ancient Fremen Saying