Date:      Wed, 30 May 2018 08:53:58 -0700
From:      Kevin Bowling <kevin.bowling@kev009.com>
To:        Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd@omnilan.de>
Cc:        Ryan Stone <rysto32@gmail.com>, Sean Bruno <sbruno@freebsd.org>,  freebsd-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Testing VF/PF code

Harry,

I wasn=E2=80=99t aware of anyone desiring vf support for igb but I=E2=80=99=
ll take a look
at it for you if you can test -current with patches when I=E2=80=99m ready.=
 My
motive is more to validate and refine the iflib functionality and this is a
good exercise.

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 8:20 AM Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd@omnilan.de>
wrote:

> Am 30.05.2018 um 16:45 schrieb Ryan Stone:
> > On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 12:58 PM Sean Bruno <sbruno@freebsd.org> wrote:
> >> Does anyone have a process for testing the VF drivers (ixgbe igb, etc)
> >> in FreeBSD without actually firing up linux to instantiate a VM or usi=
ng
> >> EC2?
> > We have native support for creating VFs for ixl and ixgbe (and cxgbe).
> > For igb you're out of luck (but SR-IOV on igb is kind of a waste of
> > time anyway)
>
> I'd like to note that I'm strongly missing SR-IOV for if_igb(4) and I
> don't consider it as a waste of time, speaking of the time needed for
> the setup =E2=80=93 not the time to make the code happen; that's nothing =
I can