Date:      Sat, 9 Sep 2000 16:17:57 -0400
From:      Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with make buildworld

On Sat, Sep 09, 2000 at 10:55:31AM -0500, Jim Manley wrote:

> ../../../../contrib/binutils/bfd/format.c -o format.o
> cc: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 11
> *** Error code 1

signal 11 often indicates hardware problems...  have you recently added
any new ram?  it could be bad.  even if you haven't added any new ram,
try swapping it with known good ram.  also check to cooling on the
machine.  overheating occasionally gets you weird results like this.

is the error reproducable?  does it always stop in the same place?  if
not, then it's most likely hardware.

--
garrett rooney                           my pid is inigo montoya.
rooneg@electricjellyfish.net             you kill -9 my parent process.