Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:25:26 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: force irqs

On Monday 22 July 2002 06:02 am, you wrote:
> My network interface is using irq 11, but i need it to use another.  In
> pccard.conf i have irq 3 as the only one listed, and in the kernel config i
> have it configured as device ed0 at pci? irq 3.  Hovever the interface
> still uses irq 11 and i therefore get device timeout errors.
>
> Specs:
> FreeBSD 4.6
> Netgear FA411 (NE2K based)

3Com cards need to be setup using a dos utility which can be downloaded from
www.3Com.com.

Boot your machine from an emergency windows disk, then use the utilty to set
the irq.

Beech
      Beech Rintoul - SysAdmin - akbeech@sinbad.net
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Sinbad Network Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 3101 Penland Parkway #K-38
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99508-1957