Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 1996 18:12:35 -0400 (WST)
From:      e8917523@antares.linf.unb.br (Daniel C. Sobral)
To:        security@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Specific problem???

> From: Nathan Lawson <nlawson@kdat.csc.calpoly.edu>
> Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 13:43:06 -0700 (PDT)
> Subject: Please stop CCing FreeBSD-Security
>
> > Ok, for almost 3 weeks now we at Gaianet have been tracking root hackers
> > around our box. FINALLY, today at about 3 pm one of them made a BIG BIG
> > mistake. Fortunately, for us I was around to watch what happened and kill
> > the user before he was able to erase his history files and the exploit
> > itself. So here are the files necessary to fix whatever hole this
> > exploits. We run Freebsd Current so it obviously makes most freebsd
> > systems vulnerable to a root attack. I appreciate any help you can offer.
> >
> > John
> > SysAdmin Gaianet
>
> Please stop sending your local information to freebsd-security!  It is not a
> forum to discuss your specific system's security problems.

??? I was given the impression that the problem was present, for instance,
in all FreeBSD 2.1.0-R, and possibly the newly released 2.1.5-R. How does
that constitue a "specific system's security problem"?

--
Daniel C. Sobral                (8-DCS)
e8917523@linf.unb.br

	* Psychiatric Hospital? And everyone there is an FBI agent? *