Date:      Fri, 06 Sep 1996 00:16:51 -0400
From:      Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Did grep catch a bug in 2.1.5??

Or am I out of line??

I just ordered a new domain name, I went to grep /etc
 ramillia: {6874} grep tcguy.net *
It went all sorts of crazy! Garbage all over the place!

2.1.0-R did not have this behavior. I have done this same exact
thing several times under it.

Same files, Same Tree structure.

Any ideas, It does seem to list all occurances of tcguy.net
though, Including the sub dirs. ie: namedb

An interesting thing I just noticed though, If I enclose tcguy.net
in quotes "tcguy.net" (As it probably should be :) it seems to
work fine in the current dir, but dosn't pick up the occurances in
the sub dirs.. /etc/namedb/tcguy.fwd for example!

Thanx all.

-Enjoy
Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848