Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 1996 10:44:06 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        macgyver@infinet.com (Wilson MacGyver)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: USB with FreeBSD?

Wilson MacGyver stands accused of saying:

> I recently came across a offer of a new motherboard that
> has Triton II chipset and USB, It's a new motherboard by
> SuperMicro...

Most likely vapourware - AFAIK, the T-II chipset isn't available in
volume yet.  I'm sure Rod will shoot me down in flames if it is 8)

> Since I know next to nothing about the new Universal Serial Bus,
> here is the qustion, can it be used with FreeBSD?

Eventually.  As yet, there are no mainstream products with USB interfaces,
and no USB hubs on the market, so it's a bit of a moot point.

At some stage, when the programming information for USB hardware comes
out, there will be USB support.  Right now, it remains vaporware.

(For those wanting more information on USB, http://www.teleport.com/~usb )