Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 2002 01:19:50 -0500
From:      "Martin Guindon" <slipstream@dimension-8.net>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PPPoE?

Hi,

I'm having problems configuring PPPoE. I followed the instructions in the
handbook
(http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/pppoe.html) and
created the following ppp.conf:

# ppp.conf
default:
set log Phase tun command # you can add more detailed logging if you wish
set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0

igs:
set device PPPoE:xl0
set authname mylogin@igs.net
set authkey mypassword
set dial
set login
add default HISADDR
# end of ppp.conf

When I dial (ppp -ddial igs), I get no error output, but if I try to connect
or ping something I get a no route to host.

Any clues to provide?

I'm using FreeBSD 4.7 so from what I understand there is nothing special to
do in the kernel.

Thanks,

Martin