Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:53:10 -0500
From:      John Capo <jc@irbs.com>
To:        babkin@freebsd.org
Cc:        jc@irbs.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD performing worse than Linux?

Looking at the complete dump on the server more closely I see what's
happening. The server didn't jump ahead in the stream.  The client
side of these tests is on a fractional T1.  In about 60Ms the server
pushed a window's worth of data, about 200 packets since the payload
was small, 48 bytes.  (48 + IP + TCP) * 200 is around 17KB in 60Ms
which overflowed the frame switch queue.

The other part of the dump where the server is acked for a segment
just sent but does not send the next segment till a duplicate ack
is received better than a second later is still suspect to me.

John Capo

Quoting Sergey Babkin (babkin@bellatlantic.net):