Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 1996 16:21:33 -0500
From:      Robert Sanders <rsanders@mindspring.com>
To:        "Garrett A. Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: finger problem going from 2.1R to -current

On Mon, 15 Jan 1996 16:09:53 -0500, "Garrett A. Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu> said:

>> Maybe this can be committed to the tree...

> No.  (There is another, completely different, kernel fix.)

Yeah, the T/TCP changes just recently got put into the tree.  I guess
the importance of T/TCP for this is that it can save, what, one round
trip per finger connection?  What confuses me is that, though I
haven't read rfc1644 or the kernel source, I thought that T/TCP would
properly cope with hosts that didn't want to cooperate.

Otherwise, it seems that the default settings for both rfc* sysctl
options should be off.  TCP extensions just seem to cause trouble for
the Average Joe.

  -- Robert