Date:      Thu, 26 Dec 1996 09:04:16 +0000
From:      Adam David <adam@veda.is>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bsd.port.mk on freefall

>  * >  * freefall still has bsd.port.mk from 4.Dec, while thud has it from 17=
>  * =2EDec.
>
> Please fix your mailing program, this "=" business is ugly and hard to
> read! ;)

My copy back from the mailing list did not have any quoted-printable
rubbish in it, and yours only has it where your editor inserts its own
line-break. Therefore it must be happening at your end.
Oh, you are asking me to shorten my lines. ;)

>  * minimum differences should exist between 2.2 and 3.0-current(2.2-release-=
>
> freefall doesn't run 2.2.
>
> Satoshi

I think the same applies for 2.1.x as 2.2, right? As I understand it,
bsd.port.mk is a key component of the ports system, and whereas ports
cannot be guaranteed to build under a less than current system, it is
reasonable to allow ports to build where other changes to the system
do not prevent it.

Adam