Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 11:29:18 -0700
From:      "Scott Taylor" <staylor@coloradomusic.com>
To:        "Johnny Dang" <johnny.dang@johnnydang.net>, "FreeBSD IpFW" <FREEBSD-IPFW@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Scripting with IPFW

Since a dhcp address technically CAN change on the fly or might not even
have been fully assigned by the dhcp client daemon by the time your firewall
rules are being assigned, it might be wise to allow traffic from the outside
world to addresses in the entire subnet that your machine might end up in.
Your machine will of course respond only to the one address it is assigned
by dhcp, but this way no matter where it ends up in that address block, the
proper ports are allowed in without worrying about rebuilding your ipfw
rules after each dhcp assignment.