Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 15:52:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter Van Epp <vanepp@sfu.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCMCIA Ethernet cards?

	I actually have a number of questions/comments all on the latest
Release 4.0:

1) Am I being blind? I can't find any indication of PCMCIA Ethernet drivers
   for any card and in particular the Xircom Cardbus 10/100 card (in my case
   a possibly custom one from Network General in my sniffer, although Win98
   finds and uses it fine) in the kernel or LINT config file and the generic
   kernel on the boot floppies doesn't find it when booted on the laptop that
   it is in. I'm hoping I'm just being blind and there is a driver around
   somewhere that I haven't found ...

2) Is Robert Nordier (author/copyright owner of the boot0.s boot code file)
   around? I'm interested in making some changes to the code but the copyright
   is ambiguous about distributing changes (it can be read as approving
   distribution without changes in which case I'll do a reimplementation).
   If he doesn't object to modifications being distributed I won't reinvent
   the wheel.

Now for some potential bugs (so far without adequate details this is more
F.Y.I. than bug reports at this point. As I get time I'll poke further to
make sure it isn't operator error ...)

3) sysinstall will sometimes refuse to write a legal size partition (the same
   size as it will write if "auto" is used) putting up the "partition to big?"
   error message. I can reproduce it but haven't had time to look at the code
   to see whats wrong yet.

4) (real nit) the enter key doesn't boot the kernel before the time out on
   the boot floppy (might be a corrupted floppy).

5) The built in openssh doesn't work when enabled in /etc/rc.conf. I only
   sometimes get the message "in the kernel" when I build it in ports (that
   might be an issue of "are you in the US" or not) the client complains
   about RSA decryption failing when being connected to from an earlier 4.0
   release machine (where openssl was built from the ports collection).