Date:      Fri, 16 May 1997 07:21:54 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        archie@whistle.com (Archie Cobbs)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: good mail filter program?

In a previous message, Archie Cobbs said:

> I'm looking for a good mail filter program, i.e., a program to put in
> my .forward file that will sort my incoming mail into various mailbox
> files automatically based on sender, etc.
>
> I've been using "filter", which used to be part of elm (but seems to
> be no more), but it mysteriously dies all the time, causing bounce
> messages. So I'm trying to upgrade.
>
> Any ideas appreciated.

Well, there's procmail. I don't know how to use it, but I've seen it
recommend many times.

However, I've used filter (from elm) for years. And am using it now
on FreeBSD with no problems. Did you build your own elm or install the
package? The package works fine.

--
"Your friend dissected, yourself a mental vegetable; not a pleasant
prospect, is it, Captain?" -- Kang