Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 02:21:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      dougy@bryden.apana.org.au
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/27569: bootup error problem with Apache 2

>Number:         27569
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       bootup error problem with Apache 2
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Installed apache 2 from ports, after rebooting system I noticed an error message "Cannot determine the PREFIX". Similar message appears toward the end of the bootup messages. The messages appear to be generated by /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache.sh. According to regulars in the apache newsgroup "comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix", the apache.sh file is something peculiar to FreeBSD (its not included in default apache installations. Apache works fine when its started manually, but until the apache.sh script is fixed it won't start automatically on boot.
>How-To-Repeat:
Install apache 2 from ports in FreeBSD 4.3 RELEASE