Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2007 22:10:04 GMT
From:      Alexander Shiryaev <coumarin@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: usb/109397: [panic] on boot from USB flash

The following reply was made to PR usb/109397; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alexander Shiryaev <coumarin@gmail.com>
To: "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 01:09:22 +0300

 M. Warner Losh wrote:
 > Are you using boot0 (the FreeBSD boot manager)?  That might write it
 > back.  Are you using packet mode?

 No, I'm not using FreeBSD boot manager (don't use boot0cfg and sysinstall):

 # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/da0 bs=32k count=1
 # fdisk -B da0
 # bsdlabel -B -r -w da0s1 auto

 I also try to use GRUB:

 grub> root (hd1,0,a)
 grub> kernel /boot/loader
 grub> boot

 but get the same result.

 > Also, are you sure that the usb flash is good before you try to boot
 > it?  I'm guessing it is, but I have to ask...
 >
 > Warner

 USB flash works well, problem only on boot FreeBSD from it.

 Alexander.