Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 1997 21:16:21 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Beginning SPARC port

According to Jordan K. Hubbard:
> want to start with the compiler issues first then, eh?  Peter?  Soren?
> John Polstra?  You might wish to step forward and shake hands with
> Jason here, guys, because he's probably going to be the principal
> motive force behind your toolchain upgrade in -current! :-)

Speaking of toolchain, it would be better IMO to use ELF for the SPARC port
(which may speed up the X86 ELF too :-)).

I don't think anyone wants to port our a.out hacks for shared libs to
SPARC... :-)
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #19: Tue Dec  9 20:17:10 CET 1997