Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 07:06:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Gallagher <mgllghr@bu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   /kernel:  stray irq 7 -- when printing

Hi Everyone,

	After setting up my printer with apsfilter I noticed I get an
error message when I print for the first time after a fresh login.

May 28 22:20:59 mgllghr /kernel: stray irq 7

(date and time obviously changes)

	I'll get a bunch of them, then they kernel will report that it has
reported too many stray irq 7 errors, and will stop reporting.  However
printing works fine.  But it's an annoying error more than anything.  Any
ideas as to why this is happening?  I know that in the kernel config
file (GENERIC) under parallel port it says

device ppc0   at isa? irq 7

	So I know where irq 7 comes into play, but I don't understand the
error.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

~Mike