Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 1997 23:42:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      yossman <yossman@yoss.canweb.net>
To:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   another little error?

on http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook28.html,

 > cd /pub/FreeBSD/ports/databases
 > get gnats.tar.gz		[tarballs up the gnats skeleton for us]
 > quit
 # tar xzf gnats.tar.gz		[extract the gnats skeleton]
 # cd gnats
 # make install			[build and install gnats]

shouldn't the command be 'tar xvzf gnats.tar.gz'?  or does tar
automatically gunzip with .tar.gz extentions?

yossman

Yossarian Holmberg (yossman)             yossman@canweb.net
System Administrator, National Online    http://www.canweb.net/~yossman/
my statements are my own, not my employer's -- i do not speak for them.

'... and if i die, before i learn to speak .. can money pay for all the
days i've lived awake but half asleep?' -- Primitive Radio Gods,
"Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand"