Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 1995 10:05:58 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Guy Helmer <ghelmer@alpha.dsu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   cron skipped jobs during ST->DST change

I just noticed that on Sunday, April 2 (the date of the Standard Time to
Daylight Savings Time change here in the U.S.) cron (under 1.1.5) missed
my /etc/daily jobs on all my systems with the default time of 2:00am for
the job.  I'm not sure whether this is "correct" behavior or not...

If cron hasn't been changed/fixed since 1.1.5, can we adjust the execution
time for /etc/daily in the default /etc/crontab to be earlier than 2:00am
(say, around 0:59am)?  Or, perhaps this is "locale-specific" and we system
admins should know better than to leave cron jobs up to chance during time
changes; if this is the case, however, it would be nice to have a warning
in the crontab(5) man page...

Guy

Guy Helmer, Dakota State University Computing Services - ghelmer@alpha.dsu.edu