Date:      Thu, 1 Aug 1996 11:53:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca>
To:        Charles Kenneth Green - PRC <green@aries.isf.rl.af.mil>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Mach 64

On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, Charles Kenneth Green - PRC wrote:

[cc: list trimmed]

>         Has there been a fix for the sio.c bug that fouls up Mach 64
> cards. I have a FreeBSD 2.1 system that I had to replace the video card
> in. The card I ended up getting uses a Mach 64 chip and I'd prefer not to
> have to send it back.

Sort of.  The sio driver no longer probes com3 (or whichever one it was)
by default.  The only bug that really existed was that the sio driver
probed every comport even if it was only supposed to check one.

I'm using a Mach64 here, and it works great (although you may need to get
a beta X server from the ftp.xfree86.org if it uses one of those `CT' or
`VT' (I think it's `VT' -- don't quote me) chips).

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk