Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:05:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      abram olson <dacia_icarus@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   mass uninstall all ports?

I just updated from 4.3 release to 4.3 stable.  My
entire system is built via ports.  I want to make some
updates but I keep running into endless dependency
chains.  I'm doing a
make clean   in /usr/ports right now to see if that
helps.

If it doesn't, is there a way to remove every package
that isn't part of the base system at one go?  I'm
happy to start over especially since I've got much
better compiler optimizations now then when I first
built this system ;-)

Thanks folks.

Abe

=====
Jesus saves.
Allah forgives,
Cthulu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.