Date:      Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:40:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      stheg olloydson <stheg_olloydson@yahoo.com>
To:        phil.brennan@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Benchmark: NetBSD 2.0 [allegedly]  beats FreeBSD 5.3 in server performance

it was said by Phil Brennan:

>What about the context switch time? Are there any plans to improve
>this, and also to reduce the number of context switches needed?

Hello,

See Robert Watson's reply to this thread. An unfortunate number of
problems exist in threading and scheduling. Most are well-understood
and are being worked on and 5.4 should see measurable improvement.
Personally, I am more concerned with network and scheduler perfomance.
I know the former is being addressed, but I don't hear anything about
how work on SCHED_ULE is progressing.

Regards,

stheg