Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 18:30:03 -0700
From:      Matt M. <boda@infinitedata.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   mysql3.22.32 port

I installed the port, and it added the user mysql. The shell it configured was
/usr/local/sbin/nologin. I changed this to /usr/local/bin/bash, and changed the
mysql password. When I try to login, it tells me the account is not available.
If I try to connect to mysql as any other user, I get a message stating it
can't connect to mysql on port (whatever it was) /tmp/mysql.id (or something
similar - mysql is now uninstalled because I thought I would try installing it
directly from source). Where is the documentation for this, or what can you
tell me?