Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 2002 11:28:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Inetd not-starting gotcha.

(CC'd to -stable again, so the people in question can see the praise. :-)

Mike Hoskins wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Frank Mayhar wrote:
> > This change _did_ deserve a heads-up, at least to -stable.  Sigh.
> Wow, commiters are human too?  :)

_Believe_ me, I'm not slamming Doug.  I more than appreciate the efforts
of all the committers over the years.  If it weren't for them, I probably
wouldn't be able to run this stuff, and in particular have it be so reliable.

I'm just a tiny bit annoyed that the change wasn't specifically mentioned,
and more than a tiny bit annoyed at Eric's implication that missing it was
entirely my fault.  Of course, when _I_ ran into the problem, I just tracked
it down, fixed it and never thought any more about it.

As you say, -stable is _so_ stable that it's a real shock when something like
this happens.  That says a lot about the developers, all of it good.
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com	http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/