Date:      Wed, 02 Apr 1997 15:55:21 +0200
From:      "Niklas Saers, a.k.a. Beren of Ewox" <niklass@persbraten.vgs.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Questions

>2.2 is the first release that includes full CD-R support for the
>Plasmon RF41xx, HP4020i, HP6020i, and Philips CDD2000 drives.  The
>driver is still under development (in particular to extend its
>usability for other devices), but it has been proved to be stable
>by now.

Is there software included for burning CD-R's? Where can I find more
information about this?

>FreeBSD currently runs on a wide variety of ISA, VLB, EISA and PCI bus
>based PC's, ranging from 386sx to Pentium class machines (though the
>386sx is not recommended).  Support for generic IDE or ESDI drive
>configurations, various SCSI controller, network and serial cards is
>also provided.

Is Pentium Pro or Pentium II supported? Or does it have to emulate a
standard Pentium to work (and thus decreasing its performance)?

>3Com 3C509, 3C579, 3C589 (PCMCIA), 3C590/592/595/900/905 PCI and EISA
>(Fast) Etherlink III / (Fast) Etherlink XL

Does 3c509b go as 3c509, or is this card not supported? How about the Accton
PCI combo cards?

---
Because of reasons unknown to me, much mail which is heading for this site
never
makes it through. :-I Because of this, if you get no reply within two days,
could
you please send your mail again? Sorry to bother you, and yes, somebody
ought to do
something about this, but I don't know who's responsible for this and I've
had my
ass fired full when I've taken initiative to getting things fixed. :-I Now
you'll
all flame me for this long tag, so I'll quit it here. Just mail me once more. :)